Millennium Challenge Information
Challenge Each Other and Challenge Your Game
This page describes what a Millennium Challenge is all about. If you want to sign up for a particular event, go to the Pro Shop / Millennium Challenge.
Running a Millennium Challenge Event is a great way to earn cash for your club or fundraise for your favorite charity. We would love to help support your club or organization.
A Millennium Challenge is a customizable disc golf event designed to be a fun experience while introducing Millennium Golf Discs to players. The “challenge” is not only competition among players, but against the performance of discs currently in each golfer's bag. It's also a great fundraiser for your club or other cause. The intended audience is leagues and clubs, recreational and competitive players. Everyone can win because Millennium provides prizes to be awarded by division. The values of prizes depend on the total number of participants per division. Divisions for Amateurs, Intermediates and Women are suggested, but can vary.
Players choose any two discs from Millennium’s full line of products. Players compete using only these two discs + their own putter which must be labeled as a putter or putt and approach disc.
Players choose any three discs from Millennium’s full line of products. Players compete using only these three discs.
A Millennium Challenge can be played in one or two rounds of any format:
- deuce or die
- three headed monster
- or any combo
It’s up to the Tournament Director to select and execute the format of play that best fits the interests of the group. Regardless of the format, golfers must use only the Millennium golf discs received in the player package (plus own putter for 2-disc challenge).
For an entry free of $25 - $35, a player selects his/her own discs as a player pack (details below). Of each entry fee, $5-7 goes to the TD to be used as he/she sees fit (lunch, club money, charity, etc.). The rest goes to Millennium to cover cost of player packs and prizes. The player packs will be assembled and sent to the TD in advance of the tourney.
If the TD wants to do additional fundraising, we suggest selling mulligans and raffle tickets for donated items and/or merchandise purchased by the TD at wholesale rates.
The total number of players determines the amount allotted for prizes. Trophies go to 1st place winners of each division and prizes cover the number of places deemed relevant to the TD.
Millennium will provide on consignment, an additional 50 discs to be available that day and from which walk-up participants can select their player pack. These discs can also be sold at retail value during and after the tournament with proceeds going to the TD. Discs remaining after the event may be kept to sell or returned to Millennium within 14 days. Millennium will send a bill to the TD for the discs sold. Millennium will also send a check to the TD for his/her share of the entry fees.
Millennium will also provide a trophy per division and prizes in the form of vouchers to be redeemed for merchandise on the Millennium website, www.golfdisc.com.
TD is allowed free entry into the tournament.
- Players go to the Pro Shop / Millennium Challenge to register for their division, research and select discs for the event.
- Information about the discs can also be found on the DISCS info pages on the main part of the website.
- With the coupon code provided for the tourney, the charges for the discs and shipping will be zeroed. A player’s final cost will be the amount of the entry fee only.
- On-line registration is encouraged. Registration with the TD will require the TD to get the info to Millennium in time and accurately.
- Pre-registration deadline will be announced but will be at least 7 days prior to the event depending on shipping time in transit of player packs.
- Walk-ups are welcome the day of event while discs are available (the consigned 50 discs will cover a maximum of 16 spots).
- Arrive early on the day of the event to check in and claim your player pack.
TD will receive sometime during the week leading up to the event:
- a complete list of participants
- player packs
- the 50 additional Millennium discs
- and any additional information deemed necessary.
- TD is responsible for advertising (flyers at courses, posting on message boards, forums, newsletters, radio broadcasts, etc.) and informing players how to register.
- On-line registration is encouraged so that players can select discs at that time. Registration with TD will require the TD to get the info to Millennium in time and accurately.
- Deadline for registrations will be announced but are due at least 7 days prior to event depending on the shipping time in transit of player packs.
- TD and staff are responsible for all tasks on tournament day including check-in, counting scores, prizing-out, sales, etc.
Take the Millennium Challenge and take control of your game.
To set up an event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-366-6684. A Millennium representative will set up the online registration process for your group and provide you with further instructions and details.